Diffractive optical elements, DOEs, were designed for applications with lasers and high-power lasers. Used as multi-spot beam splitters, in beam shaping, and beam profile modification, such elements offer endless possibilities in different application fields.
Diffractive Optical Elements (DOEs) for CO2-Lasers
For the typical wavelength range in the near and far IR
Diffractive Optical Elements
Diffractive optical elements (DOEs) are used to shape laser beams or split them into several beams. The physical principle behind this is grating-induced diffraction.
These are substrates with an applied microstructure that generates almost any kind of diffractive effect. The structures manufactured by our partner Holo-OR are generated through a lithographic etching process. The elements can therefore be used in high power laser applications.
In addition to a large assortment of standard elements, our core competence is in the development of custom-made-products. We are able to manufacture special designs according to your wishes.
Depending on your needs, on the wavelength, and on the application in transmission or reflection, the diffractive structures can be produced on the following materials:
- UV-IR in Transmission: Fused Silica, CaF2, Sapphire
- IR in Transmission: ZnSe, ZnS, Si, GaAs
- IR in Reflection: Cu, Si, Chrome
- DIFFRACTIVE OPTICS from HOLO-OR (PDF, 189.9 KB)
- Diffractive Beam Sampler (PDF, 138.3 KB)
- Description of the optical arrangement for the "top-hat" beam shaper TH-004 (PDF, 303.6 KB)
- Diffractive Beam Splitters (PDF, 249.6 KB)
- High Power Homogenizer (PDF, 458.9 KB)
- Laser Beam Splitting By Diffractive Optics (PDF, 411.2 KB)
- Overview Beamsplitter, Beamsampler, Top Hat (PDF, 192.0 KB)
- In-Line Laser Detector NEW (PDF, 94.9 KB)
- Top-Hat Optics for 1064 nm with extra-sharp transfer region (PDF, 175.1 KB)