These components are used for fiber-optical data transmission in communication applications. Isolators allow light to pass through the fiber in only one direction; circulators are non-reciprocal elements that redirect light from connector to connector.
Isolators / Circulators
For Data Transmission
With the help of isolators, light can only be transmitted in a single direction through the fiber. Back reflections in the opposite direction are prevented to a large extent by higher attenuations. Polarization-independent and polarization-maintaining components are available.
Circulators are passive components that transmit an optical signal from gate 1 to gate 2, another signal from gate 2 to gate 3, and so forth. Polarization-independent and polarization-maintaining components are available.
- SM / PM High Power Circulator 850/980/1060 (PDF, 363.5 KB)
- SM Circulator 850/980/1060 (PDF, 361.8 KB)
- SM Circulator 850/980/1060 Dual Stage (PDF, 362.1 KB)
- SM Circulator 1060 (PDF, 256.6 KB)
- SM Circulator 1310/1550 (PDF, 271.8 KB)
- SM Circulator 1310/1550 Tree Stage (PDF, 312.2 KB)
- SM Miniature Circulator 1310/1550 (PDF, 278.1 KB)