Jobs & Career
The most important factor in the success of a company is its people. Identifying with a company and maintaining team spirit internally lead to gratification in work and success. LASER COMPONENTS wants to be a place where its employees not only feel secure in a steady job but also where the men and women like coming to work each day and enjoy serving customers. With human qualities such as openness, honesty, and reliability, we are able to attract employees that build up and foster long lasting relationships to customers and suppliers.
Site Quality Manager, Laser Components DG, Inc., USA, Arizona
Laser Components Detector Group, Inc. is looking for a Site Quality Manager for our manufacturing location in Tempe, AZ, USA. The Quality Manager will be part of a dynamic team with over fifteen years of experience in the design and manufacturing of high performance avalanche photodiodes (APDs) and PINs, high speed receivers, linear arrays, TEC-cooled photoconductors, and pyroelectric detectors. In a state-of-the-art production facility, our devices are processed with different materials including, silicon, InGaAs, lead salts, and pyroelectrics.
The goal is to create and maintain an organizational culture which encourages continuous improvement, lean manufacturing principles, process-orientation, disciplined problem solving, working in the system as well as on the system towards business success.
Summary of essential job functions:
- Quality Management from A like Audit to Z like Zero Defects
- Member of the Plant Management Team
- Implement the quality processes and tools
- Optimize the production processes in terms of quality
- Lead the Quality Assurance of the final products and the incoming material
- Coordinate the customer requirements, audits and claims
- Report the quality figures to upper management
- Participate in the planning, organization, budget, and projects
- Control the Quality Management System according to ISO9001:2015
- Interface with the Corporate Quality Management Team members
- Bachelors degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Masters degree preferred
- 10+ years of experience in electrical/electronics devices or integrated circuit production and/or assembly
- 8+ years of experience purely in Quality Management
- Application of Quality Tools and Lean Six-Sigma Tools. Six-Sigma certification highly preferable
- Deep understanding of lean manufacturing principles and their implementation
- Solid understanding of 8D, PDCA, MRB, A3, Kaizen, and 5S processes
- Relocation is not provided for this position so local candidates are preferred
- 10%-15% travel
What makes this job attractive:
- Directly contribute to the company's success in a very autonomous and high impact role
- Opportunity to work in one of the most cutting edge detector technology in the industry
- Collaboration with various departments and legal entities in the Group
- Work in an international, successful growing high-tech German family business with flat hierarchies
- High career growth potential
- Highly competitive compensation and benefits package
- New class 10K cleanroom
Laser Components Detector Group, Inc. has been researching, developing, and manufacturing semiconductor detectors in Phoenix since 2004. The Detector Group specializes in engineering custom developments of individual configurations, resulting in high-performance Silicon Photodiodes, InGaAs Avalanche Photodiodes (APD), pyroelectric detectors, and Lead Salt IR Detectors for use in the detection of the smallest amounts of light and radiation. We fabricate, assemble, and test the vast majority of these products in-house.
Our product range extends from low-cost APDs for commercial applications to high-end components used in military applications. Our products feature in cutting edge applications such as LiDAR for autonomous vehicles, drone technology, satellite missions to name just a few. The heart of our photon-counting APD modules also originated at our facility. We also specialize in building complete receivers that are engineered to demonstrate high sensitivity, high wavelength range, and large frequency width.
Job Type: Full-time
Please submit by email to:
Laser Components DG, Inc.
7755 S Research Dr.
Tempe, AZ 85284