LASER COMPONENTS values its above-average customer service. Our sales representatives are in direct contact with our production facilities and premium suppliers.
We have even set up our own service centers to guarantee customers fast repairs and calibrations. Use our crimp & cleave service center, our calibration service for laser power meters, and our many other services.
RMA Terms and Conditions
LASER COMPONENTS offers various services for purchased products.
Laser Components GmbH’s general terms and conditions regarding sale and delivery apply.
The following conditions also apply:
I. Services that require an RMA number:
To send in your products for the following services, you must have a return material authorization (RMA) number issued by Laser Components.
- Complaint service (for defects within the warranty period)
- Repair service (for defects outside the warranty period)
- Calibration of measuring devices (Gentec-EO devices or fiber-optic attenuation measurement sets)
- FITEL Furukawa’s service center
- Cleave tool service center
Please note our inspection flat rates:
- For the inspection/analysis of a submitted product, we will charge a single flat rate of € 100 for time spent.
- Please note that additional costs (additional transport, increased inspection costs, etc.) may be incurred if an inspection is required by a third-party manufacturer. A lump sum for these costs cannot be designated at this point.
- If you decide to have a defective device fixed, you will only be charged for repairs. The cost of inspection is then waived. The flat fee for inspection is also waived with new purchases.
For justified complaints (=within the warranty period and error was caused by the manufacturer), a flat fee for inspection will not be charged.
II. When a claim can be made
Before returning a product, please consult the instruction manuals on proper handling (product information, operating instructions, datasheets, etc.) to determine whether there really is a defect, a malfunction, or a deviation that does not meet the stipulated requirements.
- Complaints can only be made within the warranty period of 12 months, calculated from the date of the original delivery of the goods.
- In the event of third-party intervention, serial numbers/type plates that have been removed, or improper handling, a warranty can in general not be honored.
- Please return the products in their original packaging including all accessories.
III. Requesting an RMA number
- To request an RMA number, please complete the RMA request form.
- If you have filled out your RMA request form completely and correctly, we will provide you with an RMA number. This RMA number is valid for 30 days. Afterwards, the number will be closed and returns no longer accepted.
IV. RMA shipping
- Please always return all accessories with which the products were originally delivered and operated. However, please only send us accessories that are included with the product. We do not accept liability for materials purchased elsewhere.
- Along with the return shipment, please enclose the RMA return confirmation received from us. Please note the RMA number clearly legibly on the outside of the return shipment address label.
- We regret that we are unable to process products sent to us without a corresponding RMA number. We will, therefore, return them at your cost.
- Please note: Laser Components GmbH does not assume freight costs for any returns. However, in the event of a justified complaint, we will return the products free of charge.
Version: 1st October 2018